August 9, 2006

So Much To Say

So, here I am, finally. Things have been soo soo crazy in my life since my last post. We finally managed to make a decision and are staying here in Utah, but in a different house. Last week we moved just a couple blocks away from our old house. We stayed in the same school, and in the same ward, which is amazing in Utah. Our move before this one was a shorter one, and it put us in an entirely different stake. Crazy. I'm glad though that we stayed the same. We are only renting, which I don't love, but since we had to find somewhere fast, this was what we had to do. Since we knew we'd be renting, and would have to move yet again, we thought it was important to keep some things the same, for the sake of our kids. We didn't want everything in their lives to be changing so often.

I love our new place. It's only 3 years old, and is really a beautiful home. I'll have to take pictures when my camera gets back from the shop. I've been so sad without it. The kids also love it, and we are starting to settle. My goal is to have everything unpacked and organized by the time school starts. So, I have about 2 weeks to get everything done.

DH started a new job. He's just in training this week, so he's a little bored. He's been in the cell phone industry for about 6 years, so he already knows what he's doing, but he still has to do the training. The job sounds great, and it's for a corporate store, so it has more potential than what he was in before. We'll have medical, dental, vision, & life insurance. And 401K. We've only every had medical, and sometimes dental, so this is a big change for us. I think it will be really nice. Also, after the first 90 days they will pay for school for DH. So, things sounds great. Hopefully it will turn out that way.

The only down side to all of this, is that I won't get to be with MSL. I've always wanted to live by her and have the cousins grow up together. It was such a hard decision for us to come to, because of me. I don't know if she'll ever realize how hard it was for me, to say that we were staying, when we had the opportunity to be right there with her. But, we had to do this, and hopefully it'll work out.

5 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad that everything worked out! I'm sure that she'll understand.

Mel said...

Wow, you have been busy! That's great that you get to stay in your ward and stuff. Moving is hard enough as it is without having to make new friends. With a sister like yours... who wouldn't be sad.

The Amazing Trips said...

That is a lot of stuff happening (happenening?) Wha? How do you spell? I'm never fully awake until 10 AM, so let's blame it on that.

I'm not sure which is more difficult, moving in to a new house, starting a new job - or being w/o a camera! The job does sound great, and good benefits are SO important. I can appreciate how nice it would be living close to family, though.

Good luck w/ everything.

Unknown said...

Hurray! I'm kind of laughing about your move, though. All of mine have been wrought with major changes (new area, new friends, new life, etc.) I can't imagine moving a few blocks down!

Lala's world said...

well it sounds like you made a really great decision! moving is tough and being able to keep some things the same is great if you can!!