August 29, 2006

Now That's A Banana Squash


This morning I asked my
friend if I could get some peppers out of her garden. She said sure, but warned me that it was full of weeds and I might have a hard time finding my way around. Well, I got my peppers and on my way out found about 6 or 7 of these!! Check out the size of that banana squash. I couldn't believe it. It's huge. I asked if I could have one, and she said go right ahead. So, now I have this huge squash, and when I say huge, I mean it's fatter and longer than my thigh, which is not a small thigh by any means. I only know one way to cook it, so I'll do that, and then I guess I'll go to other sources for more recipes. The crazy thing, my friend doesn't know how to cook it, she said that she always forgets to come get them, or picks them and doesn't cook them. What a waste. I love fresh garden veggies, I'll take 'em any time. I guess we'll be having a lot of squash for the next little bit!

3 comments:

Lana said...

I love your counter top!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh wow. I have never cooked banana squash before!

Gina said...

What a great neighbor! Yummy squash. I hope it has good flavor being that huge!