August 14, 2006

The Faith of a Child


The other night we went to the baseball fields to practice hitting the ball a little bit, before our co-ed season starts. We were only there for about 20 minutes before it started raining. So, we headed home. When we woke up in the morning J, T and I were covered in mosquito bites. I hate those things. I think I have 8 on ONE of my arms. J and T have a ton too. Today they were really bothering J and she asked for "some of that stuff to make it stop itching". So, I got it out and she put it all over her little bites, and then on some of mine. Afterwards she told me that she hated those bites. The next thing she said, was one of the cutest things ever. She said, "Mommy can we tell Heavenly Father that we don't like those things and we don't want them anymore." If only we could all have the faith of a child. She didn't even hesitate to say that. As far as she was concerned he would make those bites go away.

It's amazing to me where we learn our lessons. Today I learned a great lesson on faith from my little 3 year old. Heavenly Father does care. He cares about the big things in our life, and he cares about the small. Even as small a thing as a mosquito bite. All we need to do is have faith. With faith in our Father in Heaven all things are possible.

*As a little side note, I made deep-fried zubana and we dipped it in ranch. Soooo yummy!! Everyone loved it.

7 comments:

Lala's world said...

glad the zubana turned out well!!

and I recently was attacked by mosquitos and had over 20 on my butt cheeks!!! crazy!

and you are SO right about having faith like a child! I was just thinking about all this too!

Millie said...

I was recently listening to my 7 year old tell his little friend (when they were talking about God) that Heavenly Father always helps us find things. :) We've had a few occasions when we couldn't find a special Beanie Baby or the keys. I thought, wow, that really impressed him.

Lana said...

Sweet Jo!

Mall Worker said...

Its sweet to see things like that through the eyes of a child.

I'm glad that zubana turned out good, it sounded yummy!

Nettie said...

So sad to hear of the mosquito bites! Children do have the greatest faith. Your story reminded me of when my 5 yr old stopped in the middle of the soccer field to pray they would win the game. They still lost, but it was so cute!

Lei said...

I love it when my kids show their unabashed faith like that. It really brings me back to center!

Gabriela said...

that is so sweet. Kids are just so faithful and believing. Such great little examples.