August 22, 2006

First Day of School

It's that time of year when we all send our kids back to school. I can't believe that time is here already. This summer flew by. School is a bittersweet time for me. I love having my kids home and all the fun things we get to do together. On the other hand the past couple of weeks the summer boredom was starting to hit, especially for T. I think being on a schedule will be good for them. Yesterday we got to go meet their teachers. We got all the information that we need, signed up for "mother-helping", and got ready for another year of school.

The kids woke up so nicely this morning. They got ready on time and without any complaining. Oh, how I wish that would last throughout the whole school year. But I know I'm only kidding myself.

T is in 3rd grade this year. I can't even believe it. Time really flies. He's going to be busy with all the new things he'll be learning this year: times tables, cursive, advanced spelling, reading, and so much more. On top of all the new learning, he's playing soccer and football right now.

M is in 2nd grade now and acts like she's already a teenager. She always wants to wear make-up and perfume. She wants to make sure she doesn't look ugly. I think I'm going to be in for it when she actually becomes a teenager. She is excited to be back in school and is anxious for all the new things she'll be learning this year. She is also playing soccer and when that is done, she will start dance again.

S and J were sad that they didn't get to go to school today. S starts Kindergarten on Monday, and J starts Preschool in a couple weeks. I can't even believe all four of them will be gone at one time for a couple hours. My house will be so quiet. I'm excited for this school year and for all the new adventures and growth the kids will experience.

3 comments:

Mall Worker said...

wow, all your little ones will be of to school in some fashion! I hope they all like it!

Glass Half Full said...

Cute photos! My son was excited too -- hope that lasts!! :)

Wendy said...

Great pictures! I love how you had them put their finger up to show what grade they are in...I'll have to remember that one.