August 11, 2006

Gratitude Day - Take 1

Stephanie from For Better or Worse had a wonderful post on the things she was grateful for. So, I'm stealing her idea. I think too many times, life gets so busy that we take things for granted and don't really stop to take time to be grateful for the things we have. So, for starters,
I'm Grateful For:

*My Husband - No matter what he is always there for me. He is my best friend. He's an amazing husband, father, listener, provider, lover, friend, and the list could go on and on. He has a great sense of humor and knows how to make bad situations good. I don't know what my life would be like without him and I don't want to find out.

*My Kids - I love them to pieces. They bring so much joy to my life. Even when they disobey and are little stinkers, I still can't imagine life without them. They are growing so fast and I hope and pray that I'm doing my best to raise them well.

*The Gospel - Where would we be without the gospel. I've been blessed with a family, a temple marriage, the priesthood in my home, the promises of eternal life, and so much more all because of the restored gospel that we have on earth today.

I've got plenty more to be grateful for, but we'll start with these. I know that when we recognize our blessings and show thanks for the things that we have, our lives will truly be blessed.

5 comments:

Millie said...

It's such a great thing to make a list. I'm going to do this too - maybe on Sundays when I'm in a holier state of mind. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this was such a great idea!! Too many people only stop to remember what their greatfull for on Thanksgiving. It's nice to see you doing more than that!!

Lala's world said...

it is great to be thankful for sure! and to think on those things! isn't that what the Word says?! whatever is good whatever is of good report whatever is lovely think on these things

Gabriela said...

Great idea to steal! I may have to steal it from you. :)

Mama D said...

I love this theme. I am going to sit down and think about all of the things that I am grateful for.