May 25, 2006

Scouts



Tanner turned 8 in March, and with that he became a scout!! A little overwhelming for me since I've never been a scout nor have a raised a scout. But for him it has been so exciting. He loves going to pack night, and working on goals. Last night he got his first badge!! He got his Bobcat. He was all smiles it was so cute. Then, he was told that he had to pin his mom. He got a little nervous, but did a great job. I got my first pin as a scout mom!! It was very exciting for me as well. I love watching how excited he is about scouts, and about learning new things. He is always wanting to be working on a new goal, or trying to pass of some of the achievements in his book. Now he will be working towards getting his Wolf. I never thought I would be excited about Scouts, but watching him and seeing the joy and excitement in his eyes makes it just as good for me.

2 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

Yay, Tanner! Way to go!

Isn't that feeling of pride as you watch your children accomplish goals simpy thrilling?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lana said...

go Tanner, go Tanner!