May 25, 2006

I Hate Tags!!


Spencer got this new tank top and wanted to wear it today. However, I forgot to cut out the tags, so he kindly reminded me by saying, "Mom, remember I Hate Tags?" How could I forget? We have to cut the tags out of all his shirts. What a weird thing for a kid to have. But, he definitly notices if there is a tag in his shirt. Sometimes if we're in a hurry he won't notice until later, but then it causes problems because he might notice at the grocery store or at the park where we have no access to scissors. I'm pretty sure we don't have too many with tags left in them though. I should go through them all and just cut them off to eliminate all problems, but I never seem to get around to that. Oh well, our system works for now. If he puts on a shirt with a tag, I get that gentle reminder, and then we cut it off, and all is well.

I blame this weird thing on his dad. When Ry was younger he had to make sure his socks were on evenly. If one sock was pulled up higher on one foot than the other, he would have to adjust one so that they could be just right. Then, he'd put his shoes on, and they would both have to be tied the same. If one was tighter than the other he would have to retie. What a strange man. I love him though, and wouldn't trade him for the world. I guess I'll live with my boys and their quircky habits.

3 comments:

Karla said...

Funny! My husband has to tuck his sock in between his big toe and the one next to it before he puts his shoes on. And my kids have to cut the tags off all their stuffed animals.

Diana Mancuso said...

hehehe, I use to hate tags on my shirts as a kid, too. They were so irritating! Now, there are a lot of clothing out there with the tag info printed right on the clothes. Yippee!

Blackeyedsue said...

Hey...Tags could have been under the t's! My mom MADE my first daughter hate tags. She would always say "Oh, sweetie, is that mean old tag bugging you?" Now dd won't wear ANYTHING with tags. It stinks in the hand-me-down dept. Now I don't know what size everything is!!! I wouldn't let her touch dd #2!