May 10, 2006

PTA

I have been so busy with the PTA this year. Somehow I got suckered in to being the Treasurer. At first I thought, sure I can do that. Write checks, pay bills, buy things, no problem. What I really get to do is all that plus, balance the checkbook, do audits, pay taxes, record and file all receipts, make lists for each activity (how much was spent, on what, buy who etc.), and go to every single activity (sometimes more than once a day) count all the money, stamp checks, make deposits, and the list goes on. It has been a really big job. I love helping at school, and being invovled (the kids really like it too), but this has been a bit overwhelming. Luckily the school year is almost over, and I get to pass the buck on to someone else.

This week is the carnival, which is one of the biggest events of the school year. So, I will be very busy with PTA every day. The carnival is a lot of fun though. Even S and J enjoy it very much. I can't believe the kids only have two and half weeks of school left.

1 comment:

Amadeo said...

No more spreadsheets! Yay!