May 24, 2006

OUCH!!

Poor Mackenzie! She got a bladder infection and was put on antibiotics. That helped with the infection but she had a severe allergic reaction to the medicine. Apparently she is allergic to sulfa drugs. We will definitely be sure she never gets that again. She was so miserable, I felt so bad for her. She was such a good sport about it though. (I'm kind of using this blog as my journal, so some of this stuff is a little bit old, but I want to remember everything, so I'm posting it anyway.)

3 comments:

Amadeo said...

OUCH! I'm allergic to sulfa too, but my reaction was no where near as severe. Poor little Kenz.

Blackeyedsue said...

Just found you via Itybtyfrog.

Poor baby! I have the same allergy. I have looked like that before. Did you give her Benadryl?

utmommy said...

I did try Benadryl, it only helped a little because of the severity. But, we survived.