May 26, 2006

Our Only Quiet Moments










The only quiet time we get in our house is when all the kids are sleeping. I don't know what it is about watching kids sleep that I love so much. I remember watching them sleep from the time they were just newborns. Maybe it's the quiet or the peacefulness that seems to surround them. I look at them and think how innocent they are right now and how much I want them to have a good, happy, fulfilling life. I look them and hope that I'm doing all I can to raise them up well in this crazy world. I have so many dreams and hopes for them, and as I watch them sleep I imagine those dreams coming true. I thank the Lord every day for sending me these four little angels. Oh, how I love each of them!

7 comments:

Gina said...

Those are some beautiful kids! Your girls are gorgeous! Such sweet shots!

Karla said...

What is it about sleeping kids that makes you forget even the roughest days? A little blessing to help us remember how special they really are. A very sweet post.

Lana said...

so sweet! can't wait to see them sleeping here w/ the cousins!

Diana Mancuso said...

Look at those angels! They are absolutely beautiful. Three cheers for quiet time.

Dani said...

You have beautiful babies! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Take care! Dani

Blackeyedsue said...

That is beautiful sentiment. I think that the reason we like watching and being with them while they are sleeping is because during the day they don't stop and life is rush-rush. It is time to just sit and soak up their beautiful spirits. I sit at night and try to osmosis how much I love them.

Your kids are beautiful.

Gina Conroy said...

With four kids of my own, I understand the sweetness of our little ones sleep. It's the only quiet time in our house.

But in my rush to get them to sleep I keep reminding myself to enjoy the bedtime routine. My four year old girl is in constant motion until it's snuggle time before bed, and it's the most precious time of interaction between us.