July 15, 2011

Movie Day

Today was movie day. We went to the dollar movie twice, which is odd for us. We hardly ever go to the movies. S, J, and I went to see "Judy Moody And The Not Bummer Summer" this afternoon. It was cute-ish. The kids liked it so that's what counts.


After dinner we were supposed to go to the planetarium at BYU, but it is closed for maintenance. Darn. So we decided to go see "Hanna". Bad decision. First of all it is definitly not a movie for kids. Poor S & J were totally bored. Secondly it was just kind of blah. I kept waiting for something great to happen, but it never did. I'm not a big movie critic. Usually I go just to
be entertained, but this one wasn't entertaining. Oh well, better luck next time.

We recently saw "African Cats". Dad loved it. I liked the first 30 minutes, but then I had watched enough of cats roaming around. We also saw (Wow, for people who don't go to the movies, we've sure seen a lot lately. Yeah for the dollar theatre!) "Soul Surfer". I really like this movie. The kids loved it. I was close to tears almost the entire time because I kept imagining what it would be like if that were my child. She is an amazing girl and is an inspiration to many young athletes. It was a good movie!



1 comment:

lera said...

I still haven't seen Soul Surfer yet. I really need to because a boy from our ward is an extra in it. (He was at BYU Hawaii at the time. He is now serving a mission in San Jose. He was also our Jr. Home Teacher with his father.) My kids love him and they would love to see him.