July 2, 2011

BYU Basketball Camp, and off to Oregon

T and Josh with Charles Abouo at BYU Basketball Camp!

I dropped T off at BYU Monday morning for a 4-day basketball camp. His cousin Josh from Oregon came too! They were roommates and had a great time. One of Josh's friends' also came and they all got along well. They did drills, learned new skills, played games, and enjoyed many other activities. Their team won the championship! T LOVED it!!

Now, he's off to Oregon. I was talking to Sarah the other night and she was telling me about the trek that their stake is doing. Her and Damian are going to be a "Ma and Pa" and they had 3 boys from their "family" quit. So, she had a great idea to see if T could go. She sent a few texts and got the go-ahead. I went to the store and got some of the things he'll need and on Monday Sarah will take him to the store to get him some pioneer clothes. They will go on the trek from Wednesday to Saturday (I think). They will walk 10 miles a day, pulling a handcart. I'm excited for T. I think it's going to be a really great experience for him. I hope he learns a lot, grows a lot, works hard, and has a lot of fun.

No comments: