May 18, 2007

Programs

With the end of the school year approaching there always seems to be so many programs and activities. We have been pretty busy trying to make it to all of these fun events.

Last week the kids had their school carnival. They look forward to this every year. This year I bought them the wrist bands so they could have unlimited rides which seemed to be a good investment because we were there for four hours. They loved it! I had to work a booth during the first half. It was hot. We all left a little bit sun kissed.

I have been very impressed with T's teacher this year. She is wonderful. She has done many fun activities and programs with the kids. For Christmas they had a program that they performed on a special night. They also went to the nursing home and performed there. They made a quilt for a homeless shelter, had swap meets, put on skits and many other fun things. The end of the year program was so cute. They had several songs that they sang as a class, including "We're All In This Together" from High School Musical. They even learned the dance that went to the song. Then they split into several different groups to do skits. T and his best friend Riley did "Who's on First". It was hilarious and in my opinion the best skit of the night!! They were so cute up there and had a great time. I'm so glad that T had such a wonderful school year.
Our next program was J's preschool graduation. I can't believe my "baby" is growing up so fast. She was so excited and had been looking forward to her program for a long time. Her teacher has also been wonderful this year. She is great with these cute little kids and can really get down to their level. She has made learning such a fun and positive experience for these kids. J has grown and learned so much this year. I think she is ready for Kindergarten, although I'm not quite so sure that I'm ready to send her. Their program was darling. One of my favorites was "Tooty Tah". It was hilarious to see them singing and dancing around. They did "Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see", and J was the purple hat. They looked darling with their heads poking through those animals. The teacher ended the program with a slide show of the year, which of course got me teary. I'm a big baby.
Last night we went to a "Spring Sing" for the entire school. All the kids dressed in red, white, and blue. Each grade performed a few patriotic songs. It was a very nice program. At the end they sang a tribute to the principal. She is moving to a new school next year and we are all going to miss her sooo much. She has been a wonderful principal.
And in between all the programs and activities, we have tried to squeeze in baseball games, practices, homework, scouts, lunch bunch, play group, enrichment meetings, reading, lia sophia party, and much more. And, there is much more to come!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

School programs are so fun. I love to see the kids performing, it is so cute.

I don't know what I'll do when my baby starts kindergarten. I'm sure it will be here before I know it.

Tori :) said...

I love the frog head! LOL

Amadeo said...

Awww they are so cute. I wish I could be there to see them.

nikko said...

Cute stuff! I wish our school did more programs like this.

Nettie said...

Isn't springtime crazy fun? No wonder May goes by so fast.

And I love what you did to your table. I painted mine hunter green back when that was the "in" color. You've inspired me to finally get around to redo it. (It's actually very similar in style to yours, and the weathered look is real!)

Glass Half Full said...

FUN!

Tell me about it. We have been preoccupied with all kinds of things -- esp with school! It'll be nice when we are out in June, but then Matt starts swimming lessons. I guess it'll slow down in July!

Lori