May 14, 2007

Before I Was A Mom

Before I Was A Mom:
I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.
I slept as late as I wanted.
I never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and teeth everyday.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to lullabies.
I cleaned my house everyday.
I never forgot about immunizations.
I had never been pooped on, spit on, chewed, peed on or pinched by tiny fingers.
I got up in the middle of the night just to make sure everything was ok.
I had complete control of my mind.
I slept all night.
I never held down a screaming child for a doctor to do tests or give shots.
Before I Was A Mom:
I never looked into teray eyes and myself cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
I never held a sleeping baby all because I didn't want to let go.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces, because I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew someting so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew the feeling of having my heart outside of my body.
I never knew how special it feels to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't understand the bond between a mother and child.
I had never know the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache or satisfaction of being a mom.
I never knew I would love being a Mother.
Happy Mother's Day!!

8 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Lovely post. Happy Mother's day!

Chellie said...

I loved that! You are such a good mom!

Suzanne said...

Great post! Happy Mother's Day to you too! Isn't it ironic that we can remember the lullabies before we have babies, but when we need them, we're too sleep deprived to remember! :)

Amanda said...

That was very touching! Life changes so much when we became mothers. Luckily it is all worth it!

Tori :) said...

I hope you had a great mom's day!!

Cheri said...

What a touching post- it's so true!
We're never the same after having kids and what new respect we have for our own moms!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Cheri

Lei said...

Love this!

I tagged you for the 7 things meme... :)

yerdoingitwrong said...

I love this.