May 25, 2007

Broccoli Salad

We are having dinner with family tonight and my assignment was salad. I decided to make crab salad and this yummy broccoli salad! Sounds weird, but is so delicious!
Ingredients:
6 bunches broccoli, chopped
1/2 purple onion, finely chopped
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1 pkg. bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 bag craisins
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients.
Dressing:
1 1/2 c. mayo
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
Pour dressing over salad and chill for a few hours or until ready to serve.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Yummy! I'll have to try it!

Laura said...

I add cashews instead of sunflower seeds...raisins instead of craisins...and shredded cheddar instead of parmesan...This salad is YUMMY no matter how you make it!!

Amanda said...

Ohhh, this does sound yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love that the salad season is upon us! :D

Lana said...

yumm!

nikko said...

I love broccoli salad. Yum!

Chellie said...

yum! I love new salad recipes!!