May 21, 2007

No More Excuses




So, at the beginning of this year I was determined to lose weight. Then, I got lazy and that faded. Well, I know I need to do this. Not only for my self-esteem but for my health, to set a good healthy example for my children. My self-esteem is close to nothing and that has got to change. I don't want to feel like this for the rest of my life. I NEED to be healthier so I can live a long and happy life. And I want to be able to enjoy running, playing, hiking, swimming, and all other activities with my kids. I don't want to be too fat to do those things. So, today I'm motivated! I know I can do this, I just have to stick with it. Here's to losing weight:)

10 comments:

Lana said...

whoo hoo! 5 is awesome!!

Tori :) said...

You're off to a great start! That's awesome!
I'm aiming to lose a few pounds too. I know everyone says I don't need to, but it's all relative and what you're comfortable with, ya know?
Good luck! Maybe sometime we can meet and hike the Y or something. :)

The Mathews Family said...

I totally understand what you're talking about. I've just come to these realizations in the last few months and it is so hard to get started. I'll look to your blog for motivation and inspiration. Congrats on the 5 pounds already!
-Jessica

B said...

Hey! Great job! I found you through the Mathews four blog. Have you read "Running With Angels" ? It has fantastic tips and motivation for losing weight and exercising and being a busy mom. Keep up the great work!

Amanda said...

Hurray!! You are off to a running start! Your doing great!

Amanda said...

Oh I forgot to say, I second the recommendation for the Running with Angels book. It was very good!

Anonymous said...

Great job so far!! I am totally (well, ok hopefully) going to find a good fitness program once this baby is born and stick to it!!

Chellie said...

Great start! Keep it up! There was a point in my life that I let myself gain too much weight and then I woke up and realized all the same things you said in your post and lost it all once and for all. Great determination and hard work truly paid off. If I can do it, you can too. I highly suggest jogging-- push yourself everyday to go further and further.

Suzanne said...

Yay! 5 pounds is great! I haven't been depriving myself of my favorite foods, but I've still been really careful and it's worked for me! I've tricked myself into dieting! Good luck. I know you can do it! :)

Adria said...

You can do it, you're off to a great start!

my blog