May 29, 2007

Kindergarten Graduation


S graduated from Kindergarten. They put on a very cute program where they sang several songs. S's teacher was wonderful and I think she really made a difference this year. He started off the school year with a different teacher and had a very hard time in that class. He was not a happy boy and I was not a happy mom. He started to act sad and depressed and that is not how a 5 year should act. I struggled for a long time with what to do. I tried to stick it out and hoped things would get better. I pulled him out of school for a while and almost home schooled him. In the long time, after many prayers, I felt that he needed to switch to this class. He has done great. He's had his moments but overall the experience was much better for him. His biggest problem was and still is keeping his hands to himself. I hope we can really reinforce the fact that he HAS to keep his hands to himself so that he can have a positive experience in first grade. We'll see!!

5 comments:

Tori :) said...

YAY for graduation!!
My kindergarten teacher was an old, ugly lady. Where do all these cute teachers come from??

nikko said...

What cute pictures. Glad that he had a great experience in kindergarten!

Suzanne said...

Having a good teacher makes all the difference in the world! I'm so glad his experience got better. There is nothing sadder than a child that is feeling depressed. Cute pictures! :)

Amanda said...

Congrats "S". On to bigger and better things, like second grade. :D Glad that he found a good match with his new teacher. The right teacher can make all the difference in the world!

Lei said...

Kudos to you for being so in tune with your son's needs!