November 5, 2006

Raingutter Regatta



For scouts the other night they had the raingutter regatta. Each boy got to make their own boat. T made the "Black Pearl". He did a really good job painting it. He won several of the races. All the scouts enjoyed themselves a ton. It's so fun to watch T learn and grow. I think he is really enjoying scouts, and it makes him want to set and achieve goals. I can't believe how much he's grown and that I have an eight year old. Time sure flies.

T really is a good kid. Sometimes I wonder if I come down too hard on him. He's really testing the waters right now, trying to see what he can and can't get away with. I'm trying to be patient and teach him in a loving way, but it's not always that easy. I only want the best in life for him. He's smart, creative, sensitive, athletic, and gets along well with people. I pray that he continues to have the desire to stay close to the Lord, and that I can help him in any way he needs me to.

4 comments:

Lana said...

awh!! T is the awesomest boy I know!!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the patience thing. I definitely know how that goes.

Suzanne said...

I have boys so I understand just how you feel. They do try and "test the waters" a lot.

We'll be doing scouts in just a couple of years. It should be interesting because I don't know much about it.

You sound like such a great mom and your little guy is so cute! :)

Nettie said...

He sounds like an awesome young man! I'm sure you are doing a great job raising him, too!