November 24, 2006

Gratitude Day ~ Take 11

It's been a while since I've posted a gratitude day, not because I don't have anything to be grateful for, but simply because I've been trying to recover while also trying to make sure my kids are well taken care.

With Thanksgiving just yesterday, I've thought a lot about the things that I'm grateful for. I feel so blessed to live in this land where we are free to choose for ourseleves. There are so many men and women out there fighting for our freedom and I'm thankful for them everyday.

I'm grateful for the restored gospel, and that Joseph Smith followed the promptings of the spirit so that we could have the plan of salvation and work toward celestial glory.

I'm thankful for my family near and far. It was so fun to spend yesterday with DH's family. We always have such a great time together. Everyone was here except for his youngest sister. We had 9 adults, and 13 kids! Very busy, but very fun! It was a blast. Andrea also came and we are always so glad to have her here. D and G came over about 10:30 last night because D really wanted to have apple pie, and they didn't have any where they had dinner, so she said she really needed some. I'm thankful that people feel welcomed in my home.

I'm thankful for:
~family
~food
~prayer
~the innocence of children
~laughter
~games
~huckleberry pie
~friendship
~temples
~an empty laundry basket
~family movie night
~dates
~scriptures
~Gordon B. Hinkley
~DH, T, M, S, J
~modern medicine
~the gospel
~warm sheets
~a hand to hold
The joy of enjoying
And the fullness of living
Are found in the heart
That is filled with thanksgiving.

-Helen Steiner Rice

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I couldn't think of better things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Neither could I, chel. What a great list. And how great that you take the time to acknowledge what you are greatful for-sometimes we have to do that. It seems us sane, positive, and well...alive. :)

Anonymous said...

grateful** Sorry, it's late. :)

Suzanne said...

What a great list! I too am grateful when people are comfortable coming to my home. :)