July 20, 2006

Texas: Swimming

We did so much swimming in Texas! It was great. I'm real glad sis had a pool to keep us cool during those hot Texas days. The first day we got there S would barely put a toe in the water, M couldn't go under the water without plugging her nose, J stayed on the steps, and T was swimming, but he wasn't quite as strong a swimmer as I'd like him to be.

By the end of our stay the kids had improved tenfold. S got in the water with a life jacket on, then it came off and he was swimming on his own, then he was jumping off a 5 foot rock wall all by his self. Talk about progress. I couldn't even believe how quickly he learned in such a short time.

M learned how to swim without plugging her nose and was also jumping off the rock wall and swimming all over the place. J started swimming by herself the last couple days we were there. She is doing really well, and I wonder how she would've been doing if we were still there. I'm sure she'd be right there with the rest of the gang. And T started to try tricks, learned how to dive and how to swim down and touch the drain. I'm really glad that they learned how to swim because I think it is such an important skill to have. I guess that's what happens when you go swimming every day for 3 weeks (except Sundays, of course). We love the pool!

6 comments:

Lala's world said...

what a beautiful pool!! my kids love swimming too and I am SO thankful that my sis has a pool only 10 min away! guess where I am taking my kids plus the 2 I am babysitting tomorrow????

thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!That water looks sooo blue!!!!

Mall Worker said...

The pool looks absolutely amazing! I just love the rock wall!

Mel said...

What a great pool! It's amazing how much progress your kids made in only 3 weeks!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT POOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a neat looking pool. I bet you had lots of fun in that!