July 20, 2006

Texas: Fort Worth Museum of Science and Industry

When we went to the Cowgirl Museum, we got a free ticket to go to the other museum, just across the parking lot. The museum was soo much fun. They had several different areas, all with different themes. First, the kids went to the Dinosaur Dig, where the got to dig for bones. They played in the sand for a very long time.

They had a huge basin filled with bubbles and large rings. They had a great time making ginormous bubbles. S and H were pretty good at it.

This is a bed of nails. The kids all wanted to try it. You had to lay down flat, and then someone else would push a button and nails would come up and lift you off the table. It was so weird. Then the nails would lower, and so would you. I even had to try that one out.

They got to paint faces, pretend they were scientists, go shopping in a grocery store, and a lot of other really fun things. We were at the museum for a long time, and the kids enjoyed every minute of it.

8 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I about DIED when I saw the bed of nails...that is CRAZY!!! You really didn't get hurt? Wow.

Amadeo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amadeo said...

Fun Texas times!

utmommy said...

Stephanie - I was a little worried about the bed of nails, and surprisingly it didn't hurt at all. If you were standing there and touched the end of them, they hurt, but all together like that they didn't. Weird huh?

Mall Worker said...

They looked like they had a blast! I wouldn't be brave enough to lay on a bed of nails like that!

Dawnyel said...

Wow...sounds like you had a FUN time! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll have to keep checking in every once in a while!

Gina said...

That is super fun!!! I love museums like that!

It's funny u visited my blog first today... I tried yours earlier today and it wouldn't load at all.

Tori :) said...

I grew up very close to Ft. Worth! Looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)