July 11, 2006

Poor Little Sicky


Jo has had a fever a couple of times in the past few weeks. I put her in a cool bath to try and bring her temperature down. I left for like 30 seconds to go get her a towel, and when I came back she was asleep. Poor little thing, I felt so bad for her. This one was in Texas.

She got another fever when we were back in Utah. M came down stairs at about 11:00 p.m. and told me that J was crying. When I went up there to check on her, she was burning up. I took her temp and it was at 104.8, very scary. I gave her some Tylenol, put a wet rag on her to cool her off and called my neighbor to come help give a blessing (of course, DH was out of town, but we did have Uncle R to help)! She received such a nice blessing, and was told that she would recover without any further complications. She ran a low-grade fever throughout the night, but by morning she was feeling much better. I was so thankful for that.

I went over to my neighbors to thank him for coming over in the middle of the night, and to tell him what a nice blessing he had given. When he came over that night, he was very concerned about J and was wondering if we needed to take her to the hospital. I said I wanted her to have the blessing first, so we went ahead and did that. He told me that it was a very special experience for him, because he felt an overwhelming spirit telling him that J would be okay, and that as soon as he finished he knew she would be just fine. Isn't the priesthood amazing? I thank Heavenly Father for it daily!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow, what a neat story. J is very blessed to have you watching over her and for such a sweet neighbor to help in a hurry.

Yes, the Priesthood is awesome! I am grateful to have it at my fingertips too.

Gina said...

You know what I mean... that it's readily available from my hubby and great neighbors also.