July 17, 2006

Texas: Stockyards


Well, since my camera is being repaired at the moment I can't blog any new events and since I wasn't a very faithful blogger while on my vacation, I thought I might do a little catching up!

We went to the Stockyards one evening. It was a very HOT day. A few of us ran the maze (for those of you who watch the Amazing Race, it was the one they used) which was very fun. My team (me, H and M) came in second out of two teams!! But we had fun, and second sounds better than last.

Then we went to the museum and looked around, and then we went shopping. I told the kids they could each pick one souvenier. T chose a pocket knife with and indian on it; very cool. M chose a sterling silver horse charm and necklace. S got a gun set which included guns, bullets, a mask, spurs, and a hollster. And finally, J chose a mini kitchen set. For DH, I picked out somoe Texas flag playing cards, peach salsa (very yummy), toffee honey butter (also very yummy), and some "Ass-Kickin" Popcorn (which we have yet to try). It was a very successful shopping trip, and I think everyone was very excited about their purchases.

Then we finished the night off with a good ole' Texas style BBQ at Riscky's. It was sooo delicious.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I would like to go to Texas purely for the BBQ. We could go to a few places a day to eat and taste each kind of meat. Gotta love the BBQ houses!