July 21, 2006

Texas: Our Flat Tire

On our drive home from Texas we got a flat tire :( It was horrible. We had just gotten into Kansas, and we had stopped for some gas and lunch. we were at a little "Welcome Center". All they had was a gas station and McDonald's, and then there was nothing for about an hour. As soon as we started to pull onto the freeway, the car made a funny noise, and I knew right away that we had a flat. So, I pulled over and luckily we were still on the on-ramp, so we weren't around a lot of traffic. Just a couple of weeks earlier I had a flat and watched as DH changed the tire, so I thought I could probably do it on my own. That was about as far as it got. I only thought about it for a brief moment before thinking that I'd better have someone who knew what they were doing for sure come and fix it. So I called Triple A and they said they would be there in about an hour. It was horrible. It was sooo hot, but luckily there was the little welcome center for us to wait in.

When the guy came to change the tire, my mom sat on a little bench on the side of the road with all the kids, while I unloaded the entire back of the car so that we could get the spare out. Once he finally got there, it only took about 20 minutes and then we were back on the road. What a fun experience for us all. That was about a 2 hour delay for us once everything was said and done, making it a grand total of 25 hours to get home. We were so glad to be back!

6 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Flat tires on the road are NOT fun! I'm glad that triple A didn't take too long to get there and get you guys back on the road again!

Blackeyedsue said...

THAT stinks!!! Thank goodness for AAA. I keep telling my husband we need to sign up.

Lala's world said...

25 hours!!! oh my gosh! that is a LONG trip!

I don't change tires either....or oil....or any car fluid!

Gina said...

I am so sorry! That really stinks big time! We have road side but haven't had to use it just yet.

Mama D said...

I can't think of a worse place to get a flat tire. In the Texas heat! Ug!

Anonymous said...

Yuck, that doesn't sound like much fun. Thank goodness for AAA. I've had to use them quite often but not yet for a flat tire. {knock on wood}