June 2, 2006

Tanner's Baptism


This was from my son's baptism, which was almost 2 months ago. I was just watching him the other day and thinking how fast kids grow. I can't believe I have a son whose been baptized, and I know in no time at all the other 3 will be right there too. Oh, how time flies.

Anyways, his baptism was wonderful. I of course cried. I can't help it, I'm a big cry baby. He was so excited to be baptized and to get the Holy Ghost. What a wonderful experience that was for our entire family.

M conducted the music. She was so sweet. We let T pick out what he wanted each person to do. Papa gave the baptism talk, and Grandma D. gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Grandma A. played the piano. Everyone did a wonderful job. The other kids are now so anxious for their baptisms. They keep asking when it's their turn. T has grown up so fast. He is such a good boy. He has his moments, but what 8 year old active, growing, healthy, adventurous boy doesn't?

Afterwards, we went out to dinner, and he chose Chinese food. If you ask any of my kids where they want to eat, the answer is always Chinese. Their favorite is Orange Chicken. So, everyone was happy with the decision to go there. We had a lot of family and friends come to support T in his decision to be baptized. It was a wonderful day for all of us!

I'm so grateful for the gospel that we have in our lives. I don't know where we would be without. It has blessed our family in more ways than I can name. As my sisters blog says, there are "Too Many To Count".

4 comments:

Code Yellow Mom said...

What a nice experience to share! The gospel really is a gift, and I think baptisms are such a precious experience.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I appreciate the encouragement! I'll be back to yours sometime soon.

Lana said...

Tanner looks so big and grown up getting baptized!

Amadeo said...

I can't believe how grown up he is!

Melzie said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing it! I got tears too just from reading and thinking about my son having that chance (we hope) in the next couple months...