June 17, 2006

The Men in My Life

There haven't been very many men in my life, but the ones that have been are very dear to me.
The first man in my life was my dad or pops as I sometimes call him. My dad is a wonderful man. He has such a sweet, gentle heart. Growing up he used to call me his little lass. I have so many fond memories of my father. I remember going on walks with him. Sometimes he would let me go to his night classes (he taught Spanish at our Jr. College) and just sit there with him. We cleaned together, cooked together, learned & laughed together, played together and much more. My dad has always been very patient. He has taught me many lessons about life, and taught me how to make it in the world. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful dad.

The second man in my life is my wonderful husband. I have been so blessed to have him in my life. We only dated for 3 weeks before we got engaged, and many people told me I had no idea what I was doing. Well, almost 10 years later, we are as happy as can be. He is my best friend, and I know I can turn to him for anything. He is an amazing father. The kids all adore him. He is always willing to play with them or help them whenever they need something. We have such a great time together. He honors his priesthood, and uses it to govern home, and for that I am forever grateful. I'm so thankful that I found someone who I could go to the temple with and be sealed to for eternity. I don't know how I ever got so lucky to have found someone like him. He is my everything, and I thank Heavenly Father daily for giving him to me!!

The other ones in my life, aren't men yet, but I hope that they will grow up to be good , strong, honorable men. I have been blessed with two wonderful sons. The joy they bring into our family is hard to put into words. I love watching them as they grow and learn new things. T just got baptized, and is in Scouts and really tries his best to do what is right. S is following right behind in his brother's footsteps. Although he is only 5, he wants so bad to do the things that big brother has done. I hope and pray that I will set a good example for them, and raise them well enough so that they will have the desire to do those things pleasing unto the Lord, and to his parents.

2 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Oh, that was so sweet! I had a quickie courtship too, a little longer than yours, but quick by today's standards.

With you at the helm, the younger men in your life will turn out great!

Gabriela said...

Sweet post!

Sounds like we have been on the same track: my oldest just got baptized, I've got a 5 year old and a 3 year old and we are about to have our 10th anniversary!