June 13, 2006

Swimming & Chocolate

Well, it didn't take S long to warm up to the pool. By Monday afternoon he was getting in by himself, with a life jacket on of course, and by evening he was getting thrown into the water by Uncle R. I'm glad he's conquering his fear of pools as quickly as he is.

L has a chocolate fountain that M asked if we could use as our FHE treat. We got strawberries, apples, and bananas to dip in the yummy chocolate. It was a big success. The kids were so excited, we had to tell them to stop acting like little animals, and to eat like good little kids. They just couldn't resist that chocolate, but who really could? Not me. I love any type of sweet, especially chocolate!! YUMMY!!

When bedtime finally arrived, they were all exhausted. It didn't take long for them to all crazh, maybe 10 minutes. This was a big improvement from the night before when it took about 2 hours for everyone to finally settle down in bed.

L and I did Yoga Booty Ballet last night, and Big S joined in for a little while. It was pretty fun, and I could feel it working. With all the delicious food we have on our menu, the question of whether or not it will actually work is still up in the air. But, it's the thought that counts. Right?

We really are having so much fun here in Texas. It is so nice to be with family. I really wish the cousins could grow up together, they get along so well. But, life doesn't always bring us what we want. I can't complain though. Life has been good to me. I have healthy children and a loving husband, and a wonderful extended family. In the long run, nothing else really matters, except for what you have with your family and with your Heavenly Father.


1 comment:

The Pollard Fam said...

Glad you are enjoying Texas. It is a great state. Yoga Booty Ballet sounds fun- I am going to have to check that one out.