June 4, 2006

Our Early Father's Day


The kids and I did a surprise Early Father's Day for DH, since we were going to be in Texas for Father's Day. We got everything ready while he was at his church meeting Sunday morning. We wrapped his presents (a CTR ring & The DaVinci Code), and set them out in the living room. They each colored a card for him and taped it to the wall. Then, we each listed why we love daddy. Some of the things included were:
Because he takes me to the candy shop.
Because he lets us buy stuff at Wal-Mart.
Because he loves me.
Because he plays with me.
Then, we were supposed to hide from him so we could jump out and scare him when he got home. Unfortunately he got home a little bit earlier than we had thought he would, and we weren't quite finished. But, he pretended he didn't see anything so we could finish our preparations. They were so excited to do this for him, and I think he enjoyed it as well.

P.S. This was written a while ago, but for various reasons I haven't been able to post it until today.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Cute idea. I hope he had a great early Father's Day and a great regular Father's Day.

Diana Mancuso said...

That's such a nice idea! I hope you're enjoying your stay in Texas.

Amadeo said...

You have such a beautiful family. I'm glad they're my family too!

Gina said...

That is so cute doing all that for him. Too bad he foiled the hide and jump out plan...

You have such good lookin' kids!!!!