June 5, 2006

Cook Boy & Flour Girl



Papa and Grandma Arhets are here visiting from TX. Papa and I were making Indian Fry Bread, and of course my little chef had to come and help. She wanted to help with the flour, the messiest job of all. So, Papa being the kind, sweet man that he is let her. As they were cooking together she said, "You are the cook boy and I'm the flour girl!" It is so fun to have them here. Papa really was nice to let Jojo help, and she had a great time working right by his side. Maybe she'll grow up to be a culinary expert!! It really doesn't matter what I'm cooking, she loves to help. She's made mac-n-cheese, top ramen, scrambled eggs, cookies, cake; she's helped cut carrots, peppers, cheese, meat; she knows how to crack eggs, without getting the egg shells in too!! You name it, if it has to do with cooking, she's there and she loves it!

9 comments:

Lana said...

awwhh, i love Papa. We are SO lucky~

Lei said...

My litle girl loves to help her grandparents in the kitchen, too. They are much more patient than I am, and it is so sweet to watch.

Mama D said...

Sweet pictures! I guess I better start cooking more so Little A has something to help with!

Brooke said...

She has great talent. I'm not quite proficient at cracking eggs yet.

Gabriela said...

What a sweety!

Gabriela said...

What a sweety!

Erickson Family said...

My kids love to help in the kitchen too. I wish I was smiling like Grandpa when they did! (Most of the time I'll pulling my hair out.)

Anyway, she is very cute! Love the "cook boy/flour girl" comment.

Nettie said...

What a fun Grandpa and a clever daughter! And you are sooo going to appreciate her cooking ability when she is older and can make dinner for you!

Gina said...

Her hubby is going to LOVE her!