June 23, 2006

Sooooooooooo Gross


My sweet little M woke me up in the middle of the night and said, "Mom, can you come with me something is wrong?". I jumped up right away to see what I could do to help. She said (while she was crying hysterically) that her ear was hurting and making a very weird sound. She pulled my ear close to hers so that I could hear the sound. It sounded kind of like a bubbling sound; like the sound you hear when you put peroxide in your ear to clean it out. I thought maybe her ear is hurting from all the swimming we've been doing, and maybe she has swimmers ear. I told her I was going to put some alcohol in her ear, to help drain the water or relieve the pressure. Then she started crying again saying that it was happening again. It was kind of an off and on thing. So, I got the alcohol and dropped some in her ear. One of the most disgusting things happened next. Out came an ear wig. It was soooooooo gross. I grabbed it off her neck and washed it down the sink. It was so disgusting, I could hardly stand it. And poor M just stood there crying. I felt so bad for her. Not only did she have that thing crawling around her ear, making weird noises, and hurting, she also had a mom who was grossing out. I probably scared her so bad. I gave her a huge hug and kiss and told her I was sorry that happened to her. She asked if she could sleep with me because she was too nervous to go back to bed by herself. How can you say "No" to a question like that. So, she came into bed with me and it took her a while to fall asleep. When she was finally asleep, I thought okay now I can sleep. But, I couldn't. I was so worried about getting an ear wig in my ear, or that someone else in the house would. I said a little prayer asking for protection from ear wigs, and then finally fell asleep.

My poor little girl. I felt just awful for her. She woke up and had to tell everyone what happened. I look at her picture and think to myself what an amazing girl she is. She has such a sweet spirit about her. She is always writing notes to other people or drawing pictures for someone. She is very caring, loving, kind, and thoughtful. It just broke my heart to see her so upset, and hurting. I think one of the hardest things as a parent is seeing your children suffer. I am sure glad that it is over, and I'm sure she is too!

8 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That is so scary! I just hate bugs! I'm glad everything turned out to be all right! That had to just be so creepy!

Gabriela said...

ewwwwww. Poor thing. Hope she's feeling better without the little bug in her ear!

The Amazing Trips said...

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has got be the yuckiest thing I've EVER heard!!! Your poor little girl - and for an ear wig to be IN her ear ... YUCK!!!! I didn't think they actually DID that!!! Holy smokes - I'm never going to tell my husband this or he will FREAK out. I'm FREAKING out.

I'm so glad she's OK!

Mel said...

Earwigs really "wig" me out too! Poor kid! Good thing it came out though.

The Pollard Fam said...

I had never heard of an ear wig before so I googled it and they are so gross. I am so glad your little girl is okay. She sounds like such a sweetheart. From now on I am going to add protection from ear wigs to my prayers too!

Gina said...

Poor baby! That is so sad! I would be so nervous to have one in my ear too!

Nettie said...

How freaky awful is that! It reminds me of that Star Trek movie with the sand worm they put in some guys ear to kill him. I slept with my pillow jammed over my ears for weeks after seeing that.

Poor girl. Curses to ear wigs everywhere!

Tori :) said...

I'm a little late reading this since I just found your blog not too long ago.
Ok, I didn't know ear wigs really go in ears. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...