May 25, 2008

My Little Graduate




My little J graduated from Kindergarten last Thursday. I can hardly believe it. How did that happen? It was a bittersweet day for me. I'm excited for her, for her future. She is growing up so fast and is truly enjoying her life right now. She's excited to be a big first grader and to get to eat lunch at school like her brothers and sister. She takes on each new thing with wonder and excitement. She has a love for learning. She is a little sweetheart, but can get a bit moody. I'm afraid I'm in for it. I love watching as my kids grow and love watching each stage they go through.

But, at the same time, I can't believe I'm here. I can't believe my youngest will be gone all day at school next year. For the last 10 years I've been SO busy with little ones running circles around me all day long. I'll still be busy, but in a different way. There won't be as much cuddle time, or as many hugs and kisses. I won't be the most important person in their lives any more. I know this is part of them growing up and it's not bad, it'll just be an adjustment. I love being a mom. It's the best thing I've every done. EVER. I love watching my kids grow. I hope the best for them and hope they remember a happy childhood.

J's program was darling. They sang some cute songs, which of course made me cry. I don't know what it is about watching the kids sing, but when they do I always get teary. She did a great job and had a huge smile on her face the whole time. After the program they had a little BBQ, which ended up being inside since our weather has been so crazy. But with all that, it turned out to be a wonderful day!

Congrats, graduate!

11 comments:

I have a good life said...

The kids grow up so darn fast! She is such a cutie! :) It is always a good reminder to love them while they are home...it won't be long before they are not.

Klin said...

Once you adjust to having your own time you will LOVE it. It's a nice stage of life. I have loved every stage. Each one has had great rewards to go with the challenges.

Yvonne said...

It's so amazing how quickly they grow up. It is so exciting watching. Enjoy each day.

Company EIGHT said...

She is darling! Kindergarteners are just so dang cute--they always made me cry when they sang too. :)

Acacia said...

Ok, somebody tell these little kids they have NO RIGHT to grow-up so fast!!! She looks darling. Glad she had a wonderful graduation!

Saedi said...

Oh yeah? I'll never be as old as you!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Can you tell that that is wicked maniacal laughter?? I couldn't say that to Brandee, so you get it instead!

Amanda said...

She is so big! I can't believe how fast time goes! It seems like yesterday you were calling us from the hospital to let us know that she was born! Great pictures!

chrissy said...

What cute little graduate hats they wore! My daughter's school didn't do anything exciting like that. They practically kicked them out to the curb!

So what are you going to do with all of that free time?!? I get so excited thinking about when my youngest is in first grade! But I've still got four years to go... Ha ha.

Nancy Face said...

I LOVE seeing cute little Kindergarten kids graduating! She is just adorable! I know what you mean about getting teary eyed! :)

My "baby" is 13 and going into 8th grade, and even though he's busy and has fun with his friends, I think I'm STILL just about the most important person in his life...it's awesome! :D

just jamie said...

Oh my Goodness. That must be emotional watching your baby march across that stage. I, too, *always* cry when kiddos sing, even when they're not my own kids.

Thanks for stopping by. Your family is beautiful.

Misty said...

We don't have a Kindergarten graduation here. What a bonus for you!