May 8, 2008

3rd Grade Hershey Track Day



M had her track meet on Tuesday. The weather was warm which I was grateful for, since it was an all day event. M has never been a strong runner, but she really enjoyed herself. This was a district wide track meet, so all the third graders were there. She got 2nd place in her heat for the 50m dash. She was pretty excited about that. I don't think she realized that there were like 20 heats. As long as she's happy and feels good about what she accomplished then, I'm good with that! It was fun to see her competing and I'm glad I got to be there. Plus, I got a little sun on my oh-so-white skin!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

How great that she took 2nd place! You're right, the best thing is that she feels good about herself. I love how many activities your family is doing. Your kids will have such wonderful childhood memories!

Mel said...

Oh, how fun! I love those Hershey track meets. They don't do that here...

Yvonne said...

You are so right--the most important thing is they feel good about themselves. I'm glad the weather cooperated.

Amanda said...

M is so cute! I love her cute little face! She has grown up so much!!!

Klin said...

Yay for M! I love it when they feel good about how they've done.

I have a good life said...

That brought back memories...not the second place thing, but the Hershey track meet thing. Awesome. They don't do those here. I'm glad she was pleased. That is the best ever!