May 15, 2008

Go Jaguars!


S had his last soccer game of the season last Saturday. This was the first time the city had a spring soccer league, so it was just a "trial" season and was for a shorter period. But, the kids still loved it. I think S is still trying to figure out what sport he likes. He always wants to play everything, but then sometimes doesn't want to go to all the games. So, it'll be interesting to see what he ends up liking. He did a little better this season than last, so he's slowly improving.
I think he gets a little confused because he sees everyone kick the ball with their right foot, but he's a lefty. Sometimes he'll try to kick with his right foot and then at the last second realizes that his foot won't work and then switches to his left. So, he misses the ball and then gets frustrated. But if we remind him to kick with his left foot, he kicks much better and is much happier.
With all that said, I think he enjoyed the season. Now, it's on to baseball!

8 comments:

Chellie said...

I love baseball for kids. It's my favorite!

Lei said...

Ditto Chel... I'm a baseball mom,too!

Misty said...

Fun, fun, WAY FUN!

Yvonne said...

I love all sports and enjoyed so much watching my kids participate.

Saedi said...

OK, is he left handed too? Because so far, all of my boys are left handed. Aidan looks like he probably is, but I'm not 100% sure. weird, huh?

nikko said...

Soccer is so much fun. I'm glad he had a good season.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

He has way cool hair!

Suzanne said...

My son is left-handed too! He had the same issue of trying to kick the soccer ball with his left foot! That's great that S's summer will be filled with sports and fun!