May 14, 2008

Field Day for T



This week was T's turn for the Hershey Track meet. He had mentioned previously that he wanted me to sign him up to be on the track club. But, I didn't becase I didn't know how much he really liked to run until I saw him at the meet.
He had to race against all the fourth graders in his school and they picked the top 4 to run in the 400m relay. He ran the first leg. He also ran in the 400m, which he took 2nd in his heat, and the 100m which he took 1st in his heat. He went on to the semi-finals, and finals in the 100m. He ended up 6th overall in the district. It was awesome! He is quite the little runner and I can tell he really loves it. As soon as the meet was over we headed over to the Parks and Rec. office to sign him up for the track club. I love when the kids find something they love and that they do well.

5 comments:

Misty said...

Run, T, Run..... I couldn't think of any thing better to write. (wink)

Cheri said...

He looks so determined in that picture. Great job!!

Yvonne said...

You are so right--it is wonderful when they find something they love. The pictures are great--love that last one.

Chellie said...

Love it!
Love the pictures too. Too cute!

Saedi said...

That is awesome! I've always wanted to do that with Mason, I know he would love it.