September 6, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday - Morning Scripture Reading

We've had a really hard time trying to figure out when the best time to read scriptures is. We tried before bedtime, after homework, at dinner, none of which seemed to work. Now we read to the kids while they are eating breakfast. This way DH is still home and gets to be involved, whereas before it was hit and miss if he was home. We aren't too tired to read, or we don't have all of the days activities to discuss, or any other distractions. The kids listen and they are even remembering what we read. It is a much more pleasant scripture reading time then we've ever had. Works for me!

12 comments:

Rae said...

I love the idea of reading them right away in the morning as well as everybody getting to be together during! Great tip =)

Elozia Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Sounds like a great tip! I recently bought Haddie a little illustrate Book of Mormon stories and she loves it anytime of the day!

Code Yellow Mom said...

This is a great idea! It really is amazing how much the little ones "absorb" even when they are doing other things. And thanks for being so cool to post a pic of the Book of Mormon. That's awesome.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the great idea! This is something that we struggle with in our house too. We will definitely be trying this soon.

Gina said...

That is so great! I admire your whole family for doing this daily!

Anonymous said...

I've never thought of breakfast time! We really need to start doing FAMILY devos. We all do ours at seperate times. Me in the morning (sometimes in shifts) theFM whenever I kick him off the computer, and our oldest before bed.

Elozia Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elozia Marie said...

Okay, I figured out who you are! Thanks for posting on my blog, how funny that you "ran into me" online :) I met you when you were barely expecting #3? J thinks you live in the same town as us now, you ought to email us (dustin8115@ hotmail.com). J's bro G lives here too. It would be fun to get all our kids together and catch up.

I think I'm going to try your WFMW and read The Book Of Mormon at breakfast. DH won't be there, but the kids will still get someting out of it.

Nettie said...

I think that is the perfect way to start the day. We are hoping to do that soon, too. But, I am working on having us all eat breakfast together at the same time first. Baby steps!

Lana said...

great idea! You're so smart!

Lana said...

great idea! You're so smart!