September 7, 2006

All Alone

Here I am sitting in my quiet house, all alone. It is a very weird feeling. T, M, and S are all at school. My sister came over this morning to get J. So everyone is gone except me. You would think I'd be excited, but strangely I'm not. My house is clean, laundry is already going, dishes done, don't need a nap, so what is there left to do? I guess I could go workout or read a book.

So, what will I do next year when J goes to Kindergarten? I know that I will have to do something. I'm not any good at just sitting. I've thought about going back to school. I love school!! I need to finish my degree, so maybe I'll do that. Or, I've thought about working for the school part time. My friend did that and she was done working by the time Kindergarten got out. That way I'd be home with J for the rest of the day. I guess I have a year to figure it out, but whatever I do, I know that I won't be able to just sit here alone all day every day, I'd go crazy.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Sounds like a pleasant time for yourself moment!

I think about what I'll do when my kids are all in school, too. (Although I have awhile) Have you thought about volunteering? I've thought that might be a fun way to see more of my husband (if I volunteered at his work) plus not have the rigid requirements of a job.

Mall Worker said...

I had that same problem when I was by myself a few weeks ago for a couple of hours. It really is strange not having or knowing what to do!