August 20, 2008

School Is Here

I can hardly believe that school is here. It seems like summer went by so fast. I'm not sure if I'm ready for school, but ready or not here it is. The kids are excited so that's good. I'm ready for them to be on a better schedule (we've been so super lazy this summer), but I'm not ready for the homework battle and bedtime battle. Maybe we'll have a great year and my worries will be for nothing. I can only hope.


My big 5th grader! Not quite sure how that happened. Time sure goes by so fast. He is excited for this year. I hope it's a good one for him. He is a smart boy and very athletic.


M is in 4th grade this year. She is so eager to learn. She loves school, loves socializing, loves learning.



I can't believe S is in 2nd grade. He is also excited for this new school year. He is always full of energy. Hopefully he'll use that energy in a positive way!!

And, my little J is in 1st grade. This I really can't believe. I can't believe my "baby" is in school all day now. She was a little nervous, but also very excited.

I hope that they each have a successful school year.

That they will all learn and grow and enjoy doing it.

15 comments:

alison said...

did you put something in your water to make your kids excited for school? If so, please tell me what that is.

Mel said...

Hello FREEDOM!

They do look happy... are you?

Yvonne said...

They really do look excited--when I was a little girl, I always loved the first day of school.

My Heidi had her first day teaching First Grade and although she was nervous had a great day.

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

The end of summer is here for us as well-Chris went back to class too.

Good luck and cute kids!

Amanda said...

Yay for school starting!!! What are you going to do with all your free time?

Cheri said...

We've got 1 more week of summer left. My girls are ready for school- Nick is more than happy to stay on break!

Shortcake and Company said...

Oh my...seriously adorable kiddos! I love S is all peace out with his second grade connotation!zv

Suzanne said...

How cute that your girls are matching! Wow, can you believe they're all in school for the entire day? What are you going to do with yourself??? :D

Chelsey said...

They all so cute and ready to learn! First day of school, awww...I'm definitely not ready and I'm only sending Anna to preschool. I need help.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OK, it is just not fair that you live so far away and we have kids the same age, Josh will be in 4th, Rachel in 3rd, Katrina in 1st. . .I just can't stand it. We have got to plan a Family Reunion in Utah when your parents get home, for all of the American Arhets. . .S

Daddy's Little Girl said...

School doesn't start for us 'til Monday.

Amanda said...

Ok, so, now that your kids are gone all day...what do you do!!?!! Do you feel lost??

They are so big and so cute!!! Miss them!

Chellie said...

I AM WITH MEL...

HELLO FREEDOM. I envy you. I'd love to have the day to myself :)

Rowberry Family said...

WOW! It must be great to have ALL your kids in school during the day, what are you going to do with all your time??

Lees Everything Homemade said...

What's crazy is when I remember what they were like when we first met you...man, that seems like a long time ago. Kids grow up way too fast.