August 25, 2008

Safety Fair


On Saturday, our community had a safety fair that we went to. The kids got to check out the inside of a cop car, fire engine, and ambulance. They each got to honk the horn in the fire engine which I think was one of the highlights. They also got to lie down on the stretcher inside the ambulance. We got a lot of coloring books and pamphlets all about safety. I thought the information was very good and was presented in a way that was interesting and fun for the kids. We took a mini "Rad Kids" class that taught the kids a little about protecting themselves. There was popsicles, snow cones, scones, sandwiches, drinks, treats, a bounce house, and so much more. I think we were there for about an hour. It was a good way to burn some time on a Saturday.

11 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

Awww...nuts! I totally forgot about that. My little ones would have loved it. I hate when my memory leaves me every now and then. Way to go for taking them. It does sound like it was fun.

Chelsey said...

That is good idea. I had no idea it was even going on.

yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne said...

Sorry that above comment was me, using a different account.

Sounds like a wonderful way to teach young people about safety. I bet they loved honking the horn in the fire engine.

Saedi said...

You left out the best part of the day.......running into ME!!!

Chellie said...

SO FUN! Sounds like a great idea and fun for kids.

Liz said...

I wanted to go that with my kids, but we had to go to Ogden for a birthday party. ugh. It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Tori :) said...

Fun fun! Sei was a RAD kids instructor. It's a great course. "Stay back!! You're NOT MY DAD!"

Mikelene said...

Sounds like fun. I'm all for Saturday activities that help my kids burn off energy. What is RAD? I've never heard of it.

Rowberry Family said...

How fun for your kids!

Suzanne said...

What a fun event! My five year old would love to be able to honk the horn of a fire truck! :)