June 30, 2008

First Lost Tooth



J lost her first tooth the other day. She was so excited when she figured out that it was loose. We had to wiggle it several times a day to see if it was ready to come out. When it finally was, she didn't even know her dad had pulled it. She had him wiggle it, which he did, and then she said "Ow, stop!" So, he stopped and she put her tongue where she thought her tooth should be and realized that it was gone. She was so excited. We put her tooth in a little baggie so that we wouldn't lose it and so that it would be ready for the tooth fairy. And, I'm proud to say that the tooth fairy actually made it to our house on time this time. It was amazing. Sometimes she is SO busy that she is late. But, not this time!

Now if we can get S to lose a tooth. He hasn't lost any yet, which was okay until his little sister lost one first. He must have some good teeth or something. Maybe the tooth fairy will have to bring him something extra for waiting so long. That is, if she remembers.

12 comments:

lera said...

Yay!!! What fun! My son lost his first about a month ago and lost his second last week! I was surprised that they happened so closely together. (He's still bummed that the new teeth aren't up yet. They are poking through, but not much. I think he needs to lose the adjacent teeth first...)

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

It's funny to think about how horrible it is to go through teething when they are comming in and then it's so exciting to have them loose them after all that hard work! It's a good thing they don't remember.

And good job tooth fairy!!

Company EIGHT said...

Oh, that first lost tooth is so exciting! I'm so glad the tooth fairy was on time! :)

Misty said...

Nothing like the 1st lost tooth. So fun!

Chellie said...

yay! she looks so cute!

Yvonne said...

It's so fun to have those "Firsts" isn't it??? I agree with chel she looks so cute.

I always thought the tooth fairy was just late getting to our house. I'm so glad to know my children weren't just being picked on, but that she was late getting to other homes, too ; )

alison said...

My son is almost 7 and doesn't have a loose tooth yet. I keep asking him "any loose teeth?" Nope. Well, he still sucks his thumb and I always tell him "as soon as you lose your tooth, no more thumb." He's probably trying to keep them in as long as he possibly can.

Cheri said...

Yup- the tooth fairy has a problem remembering at our house too.
Good thing my husband reminds her or it would never happen!

Suzanne said...

The tooth fairy is occasionally late to our house too. We usually tell our son that his room was so messy that she couldn't find the tooth! :D How fun to lose a first tooth! I'm sure she'll always remember!

We are going to try and have a Utah Blog get together in July. You can e-mail me at suzannesto@gmail.com if you're interested in coming! :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Yay! I remember when I lost my first tooth! It was so exciting. She looks cute :)

Klin said...

How exciting for J!!!

I hope she makes some big bucks ;)

I do believe we have the same problem with the tooth fairy. She has been days late here. I have patient kids.

Saedi said...

That's so exciting! I still remember thinking that losing teeth was the coolest thing on earth. Mason is already asking me all the time "Mom, do you think this tooth might be a little loose?" So far, it's all in his imagination, but at least he's excited!