June 4, 2008

Choices




For one of our FHE's we talked about choice and accountability. We discussed the importance of making good choices, and how every choice has a consequence, whether good or bad. It was kind of a big lesson for the kids, but I think they grasped the idea. Hopefully they've learned something from it.


For dessert we had chocolate fondue, with lots of different "choices" to dip into it. They loved it. I got a fun fondue pot from my SIL for Christmas one year. It's a fun thing to have. We had strawberries, marshmellows, bananas, and angel food cake as our choices. They were yummy! It turned out to be a very fun FHE.


My cute neice Dani and her husband Greg came over. So did our good friends Aaron and Lauren. It's always nice to share a fun evening with family and friends. After the lesson and dessert we put the kids to bed and we stayed up to play "Celestial Companions". We love that game. However, our winning streak was taken away from us by Dani and Greg. We did come in a close second though!!

9 comments:

Three Love kids said...

i am so glad you like the fondue pot. looks like you guys had a fun time.

Cheri said...

What a great activity to go along with that lesson.
I love your curtains in your kitchen- so cute!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a great FHE lesson and perfect refreshments--chocolate sounds so yummy right now ; )

The game sounds like fun

Lana said...

I wish I was there...IT"S NOT FAIR!!! HOw come some people get to live by their families?

Lana said...

why is Dani wearing a jacket in the house? Little freezy buns.

Saedi said...

Ooooooo, that looks so yummy. I can't believe that there is a couple alive that can beat you at Celestial Companions!!!

Chellie said...

Very fun! Looks like a great time!

nikko said...

What a fun night! Fondue sounds so good right now....

Lisa M. said...

What a great, great family home evening. I love that- I might just steal your idea!