June 13, 2008

Dentist Trip


I don't know why my kids have such horrible teeth. They must get it from their dad ;) We got to make a lovely trip to the dentist this week.



This was the first time J had to have any work done. She did really well until the end. I think by then her poor little mouth was tired of being open. She had to have a pulpotomy and a crown. Poor little J!



T had to have a space maintainer put in on his bottom teeth. When he was younger he had several teeth pulled. He had a spacer put in before, but it fell out and so he had to have a new one so that his teeth won't crowd in together.



Then, there was M. She had to have a ton done. She had two space maintainers put in, one on top and one on the bottom. She had two teeth pulled, one on top and one on the bottom, on opposite sides of the mouth. And, she had to have a filling drilled out and redone. She was a good sport about it, but her mouth is super sore.



We had to give all of them doses of Tylenol when we got home and we had milk shakes for dinner. That was on Tuesday and M is still having a hard time eating. Hopefully we won't have to do this again.

7 comments:

Misty said...

Man. Ouch. Ian has teeth just like that.

Pezlady Jana said...

oh yeah, pulpotomy...that's a word I don't want to hear again. I hate taking my kids to the dentist. I want to cry for them every time. It's weird, because I have great teeth and theirs all suck.

Yvonne said...

The dentist is my least favorite person to visit.

Sabra said...

eeeeww. no fun. hopefully no more trips like that for a LONG time.

Rowberry Family said...

poor kids! I feel really bad for them.I avoid the dentist as much as I can. Last month macy had major dental surgey! She had 5 fillings and 3 crowns done! It was so sad to see her lips all swollen in the recovery room and to have her feeling so miserable!

Amanda said...

J is so cute! Even if she is getting dental work done she is a doll!

Poor girl, I hate going to the dentist!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I feel so bad for the kids, that's a pain, and I feel bad for your checkbook! Emma had 10 cavities at her first dentist visit! I've never had one, so I think I just didn't do too much with her teeth, BROTHER!