April 1, 2008

One Word: BUSY

I feel like I haven't even had a second to breathe. Last week was crazy busy.

~Friday (March 21) DH and I actually went on a date! It was fabulous. We didn't do anything huge, just went to the mall so I could find some decent shirts to wear. It was a successful trip for both of us.

~Saturday, the kids and I went to some friends house for a BBQ, to color eggs, and for a hunt. There were 9 kids hunting, and something like 170ish eggs to find.

~Easter Sunday was at my house this year, with all of DH's family. My sister and her friend also came. We enjoyed a yummy dinner and had a big easter egg hunt outside. We also celebrated the March birthdays. I believe there were 5, so we had lots of presents to open. It was a fun, busy day with lots of gifts, candy, and fun.

~For FHE, we went to the park and flew kites and ate donuts.

~We had all the usual: homework, dance lessons, 4H, cleaning, laundry etc.

~Wednesday was pack night. T earned his Sportsman pin, and 3 belt loops. His new scout leaders are great! We are thrilled to have some that actually help the boys earn badges and so forth. We got scouting expo tickets that we need to start selling.

~Thursday was HFPE. I believe Enrichment Leader is my eternal calling. I've had the calling for a few years in this ward, and in two other wards as well. I actually don't mind it, but it is a lot of work and I'm running out of ideas. This particular one was especially hard. I have a very small committee (the counselor, myself, and 1 other sister). The one sister is extremely hard to work with. I feel bad even saying it, but it's so true. She wants everything a HUGE production, and wants it to be all about her. I think she has a sad life, so I'm trying not to be mean, but she is SO SO difficult to work with. She wanted to have dinner, a lesson, a song, a craft, and a game. I told her we probably needed to simplify things and choose only one thing besides dinner. I don't think she was too pleased with me. With all that said, by the end of the night I think everything turned out well and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. We ate Hawaiian Haystacks and played R.S. memory, where they won a candy bar if they made a match.

Example:
A prayer reaches through the "Milky Way" and straight to God's ear.
The worth of a soul is greater than "100 Grand"

~Friday we had some friends over for a BBQ. It was supposed to be warm, but it wasn't, so DH got to go outside in the cold and BBQ then he brought it inside and we ate there in the warmth. After dinner we played games and had dessert. The kids ran around and played and then settled down to a movie. 5 out of 8 kids fell asleep during the movie, and then 2 more followed shortly after. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends.

~Saturday we went to Logan for another dance competition for M. They did really well. This one was much bigger than the first. We didn't stay for the awards, so I'm very curious to see how they placed. I would be surprised if they didn't get at least 2nd in one of the dances and possibly 1st. Next time we go to there, we might get a hotel. It was a long day and everyone was exhausted.

~Sunday DH, T, and I all woke up feeling not so great. I wasn't too bad so I took the 3 littles to church and DH and T stayed home. Church went well. My poor friend was having a really bad day. Her husband is in Iraq, actually just was transferred to Germany for medical reasons. He is having a hard time hearing and seeing, and can't speak well. His mind is still there and is fine, but those things aren't functioning. She is really struggling and I feel so bad for her. I hope and pray for their family that all will be well.

~So now, it's a new week and I hope it will be much less crazy and I can actually breathe!

15 comments:

Yvonne said...

Goodness busy is not the word!!!! I hope you get a chance to catch your breath.

Your Enrichment nights sound pretty amazing. Ours are usually pretty simple.

Sorry about your friend whose husband has been in Iraq--that has to be so difficult on her and her family.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey cute thing! I'm sorry life has been so crazy! For some much needed relief, go to my blog and watch your cousin Jared ham it up, that should take some of your stress away! xoxox

Tori :) said...

BUSY!!

I miss you. :(

Mel said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading about it. I'm glad you live in an area with good friends and lots of fun things going on. Yeah, for good scout leaders... it makes such a difference.

How sad about your friends husband. I hope everything turns out okay.

Cheri said...

Wow- you do have alot going on! I'm sure you were a comfort to your friend. How hard to be away from your husband when they are having medical problems.

Chellie said...

wow. that was so much I can't even remember what I was going to comment on! sounds crazy. I've definitely had my fair share of crazy weeks like that!

Misty said...

BUSY is right. I'm tired just reading that!

Saedi said...

OK, super busy woman! But, let me ask you, I take it that you are talking about Sarah R, right? What on earth is going on with her husband, how have I not heard any of this yet? Call me when you get a chance and let me know what is going on, I feel terrible! Love ya cutie!

Strawberrii Tea said...

Hey Aunt Val!
It's Katie!
Your niece!
:]

There should be a word that means busier than busy.

<3

I have a good life said...

Busy. Busy. Busy! I think that is how we live life best...at least I hope so, since I sure am! :)

Lorina said...

Goodness. That is how its done!

Misty said...

Sorry for the lame comment I'm about to leave:

If you tried to add me to Google Blog Reader yesterday, there was a problem with it... my site should link up to your reader now!

Tonya said...

I know what you mean about being busy. It seems like it's so easy to be busy every single day. Sometimes I wonder how we manage it all. We rock!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

You truly are soooo busy!!! Your enrichment night sounds fabulous! I would have totally loved it. I am sorry that sister is difficult...that's hard.

Lei said...

yes - just breathe - in and out, in and out... hang in there!

:)