April 16, 2008

Bean Museum and McDonalds

This week we are on spring break! It's been nice to not be on a schedule and to relax and hang out with the kids. Monday, DH had the day off, so when we got back from St. George, we cleaned up, fixed bikes,and hung out with the kids. It was a nice relaxing day.



Yesterday, we met up with some friends and went to the Bean Museum at BYU. The kids like to go there and see all the animals, and check out the different exhibits. It's fun and it's free.


J standing in front of a "Liger". It's a lion/tiger breed. There are not very many of them in the world. This one was donated by the Hogle Zoo after it died.
As we were walking around looking at some of the exhibits, I heard "Hey, look at that bird, it has boobs!" Yep, that would be my son who made that lovely comment.
This hippo was trying to eat my head.
Afterwards, we went to McDonalds for lunch. Well, the kids did. We went and grabbed some Bajio and brought it with us, while the kids ate and played on the play set. It was a fun day!
Later that night we went over to some friends' house for dinner and games. We played "A to Z", which I love! We also played "Celestial Companions", which DH and I won! I'm so grateful to have such wonderful friends. We had a great night!

13 comments:

Klin said...

I'm old enough to remember having seen Shasta alive at the Hogle Zoo. I love to visit the FREE Bean Museum.

You look so good. Apparently the hippo agreed.

Yvonne said...

O.K. I didn't know there REALLY was a liger--I thought Napoleon just made that up?!?

LOL at your son's comment ; ) I agree with klin--you look fabulous.

Cheri said...

I had to chuckle at your son's comment too- cute!
Glad you're having a good spring break!

Tori :) said...

We love the Bean museum!!
Your face looks sooooo thin!! You're a hottie!!

Chellie said...

lol at your son's comment.

Looks like a lot of fun!

Misty said...

One of our favorite places as well!

Suzanne said...

That's gotta make you feel good to win Celestial Companions, right? :)

I have to say that you look so skinny since I've seen you! How much weight have you lost? I'm just starting my weight loss journey again...

It sounds like you had a really wonderful day! :)

Suzanne said...

P.S. Your son's comment about the bird was hilarious!

tami and todd said...

Are you still down here, cause if you are you need to come visit me!!

Gabriela said...

6 years at BYU and I don't think I've ever been in the Bean Museum. Maybe we'll have to do that this summer.

Your hair is so beautiful!!!

Rowberry Family said...

woah the comment that tanner said about the bird was hiilarious! What a fun place to go with the kids!

Meg said...

Kids speak the truth! That is hilarious. My kids loved the Bean museum too.

c. griffith said...

Val, that picture of you is gorgeous!