April 4, 2008

IHOP Date


For each of the kids' birthdays, they get to go on a one on one date with Grandma D. This is something that the kids look forward to each year. They went to IHOP, and had a blast. Since they went on April Fools day, T wanted to play a "trick" on the waitress. I guess he told her that his grandma forgot her credit card so they were going to have to use his. My MIL told me how cute it was, and how excited he was to do it. I can totally picture it. Afterwards they went to the dollar store, and T picked out some of those crazy glasses, with they crazy eyes, nose, and moustache. When he got home he knocked on the door wearing them and was pretending like he was a little old man. He had a blast! I'm so glad that he was able to go and spend time with his grandma.

7 comments:

Saedi said...

That is too cute! I love it when kids get excited about being funny. He's such a darling boy! We sure are missing you guys, give us a call and we can play! Love ya!

Amanda said...

how fun!!! I wonder where Hannah will choose on her big day!!!! What a great tradition!

T is so funny!

Company EIGHT said...

You're so lucky to live close enough to family to do this. We live far away from our family, and I would love for my kids to be able to do that too!

What a fun tradition--

Tonya said...

That is a great tradition and sounds like lots of fun.

Chellie said...

what a beautiful grandma and how fun that was for them to spend some time together! too cute!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

That is adorable! I love that they went on a little date! He is cute!

Suzanne said...

How fun to get to spend one on one time with his grandma! He will remember those times the rest of his life. :)