April 22, 2008

My 3rd Son


I have been watching this little cutie for the past 14 months. I never I thought I could get SO attached to a child that wasn't my own (or a neice or nephew). He's with us for about 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. I love him to pieces. He's a good baby, which is so nice. He loves my kids. The other day I was talking to my neighbor while I was holding Corbin, and she looked at him and said, "Where's your mommy?" He immediately looked up at me and pointed at my face. I've never seen him do that before. I thought it was soooo cute! But, at the same time, I felt a little bad. His hours that he's awake during the day, he is with me more than his own mom, so I guess it makes sense. Plus he hears my kids call me mom all day. DH has been Dad to him for a long time. His mom is a single mom, and dad isn't in the picture much, so DH is Dad. We love him!

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a cute little guy, and how great that he is with someone during the day who obviously cares so much for him.

By the way, I would love it you could e-mail me so I could try to arrange to meet up with you in the next couple of days. My address is yonnierob at gmail dot com.

Cheri said...

What a cutie. His mom is very blessed to have you watching him.
I did daycare for years too- it is amazing how attached you get to some of them.

Tonya said...

He's a doll. I know from experience that it's hard to leave your little on to go to work. She's very lucky to have a sweetie like you to watch over her little man.

Lana said...

he's a cutie!

Misty said...

He's a doll... and he's lucky to have you - - FOR SURE!

Suzanne said...

What a sweetie! It's true how you can get attached to other kids. I've taught Primary for the last 3 1/2 years and I'm always sad when the year ends and I lose by group of kids.

You're right, that's sweet and sad to have him call you Mommy. I know that circumstances don't always allow mothers to stay home with their kids and I'm forever grateful that I have the opportunity to do it.

Chellie said...

So cute! Such a lucky little boy to be with you!
I've been a single mom before... it's hard to be the bread winner and a mother. My heart actually aches for the single mom that doesn't get to see her son as much as you do-- I've been there and it's VERY hard. That mom is lucky though, in the sense that her little boy is happy and loved. Great job UTMommy!

Diana Mancuso said...

That is so sweet! He looks like such a cutie. Having a sister who is also a single mom, it's nice to hear that you are able to bring him some consistency and surround him with a loving family.