November 15, 2007

Lots Going On, Bullet Blogging

~ Nacho died on Saturday. It was a sad day for T and I felt very bad for him. He really loved that chicken and took good care of her. He buried her in the back yard and made a little grave marker.

~ DH took on a second job. He is stocking shelves 3 nights a week. I feel bad for him; the hours suck, he doesn't want to be doing it, I miss him, his feet hurt etc. I wish he didn't have to do it, but right now he does. I'm so glad that I have such a wonderful husband who is willing to sacrifice in order to provide for our family. Hopefully this isn't something he'll have to do for very long.

~ I'm slowly getting Christmas shopping done. I try to be done by Thanksgiving, but I doubt that'll happen this year. If I can at least be done by the first week of December, then I'll be good.

~ I'm finally losing weight!!! I'm so excited. This has been a struggle for me for quite a while. I lost weight, then had to have a hysterectomy and gained it all back. Ever since then it's been a battle. Now, something in my body finally clicked and I'm losing, FINALLY! I've lost 35 lbs. and 2 pant sizes!! Only 25 lbs. to go!

~ S started Little Hooopsters. It's a program for 1st and 2nd graders to prepare them for basketball. He likes going, but I'm not sure if it's because he's learning the sport, or if it's because he gets to be with his friends.

~ T is doing Basketball camp right now, and loves it. He is my little athlete. He's really improved in the last little while, and I hope he enjoys this season.

~ The girls are busy with dance, and loving every minute of it.

~ Yesterday I met up with 2 friends that I went to high school with. We had lunch and enjoyed catching up on each others' lives. It was great to see them again, and I hope that we'll get together more often since we don't live that far from each other!

~ We've been reading our scriptures really well lately. We've kind of sucked at it in the past. But, now the kids are very interested and love taking their turn at reading. We usually read about 1 page a day, which I know isn't much, but they have lots of questions and I'd rather they understand what is going on than read a lot just to get through it. We have a chart that says, "I HAVE READ THE BOOK OF MORMON". The letters are made up of squares, so that each time we read a chapter we get to color in a square. Once we've finished the saying will all be colored in. This is fun for the kids and they really want to get that chart filled! Some nights they even have to remind us to read.

~ I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately. Last night I made one called King Ranch Chicken (I got it from SIL), so delicious! And, this morning I made Brown Sugar Muffins for breakfast, also delicious! So, I leave you with the recipes:

King Ranch Chicken

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can water
1 can Rotel
1 onion, chopped
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
corn tortillas
cheddar cheese, shredded

Combine soups, water, Rotel and onion in a bowl. Tear tortillas into pieces and cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer chicken on top, and then sauce mixture. Repeat two more times and then top with cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese melts!

Brown Sugar Muffins

1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter and brown sugar together. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add melted mixture. Then add milk, egg, and vanilla. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes!

14 comments:

Lana said...

Yumm!
Poor T!
Yeah You!!! You'll make it those last lbs, I am confiden.

Busy busy busy

I wish we were going to be together for the holidays :(

Amanda said...

Sorry about Nacho! That is so hard to lose a pet!

Yay for your weight loss!!!!! Sounds like your life is busy and crazy like ours. Sorry about your hubby having to get a second job. Hopefully it won't be for too long.

Thanks for the recipes, always love to try new ones! :)

nikko said...

35 pounds!?! Wow! That's great!

So sad that Nacho died.

Your kids sound so busy and athletic and fun. :o)

Tonya said...

Poor Nacho and T!

I love the new recipes. I need them as we have been in a rut.

Good job on your weight loss.

Sounds like you guys are really busy. Be sure to take a breath here and there :o)

Yvonne said...

Great job with the scripture reading--it's not the amount you read that's important. You're doing it, that's so wonderful. Let the kids enjoy.

It sounds like your family is so busy.

Appreciate the recipes--thanks.

Tori :) said...

Skinny Mini! You go girl!!

Hey- I make king ranch chicken too! You know what's surprisingly yummy? Make the sauce and mix it with spaghetti noodles instead of putting it on the tortillas. WAY good and fast.

I miss you. We need to get together!!!

DJB said...

Yea for you!! That's such a good feeling to drop the lbs! Sounds like you've had alot going on! Check in on you later!

Chellie said...

Sorry about DH, but that is awesome you recognized his sacrifices in order to provide for the family. That must be so hard.

Sorry about Nacho too! That is so sad!

Great job on the weight loss! You should take a picture and post it! I bet you look fantastic!

Gabriela said...

Sorry about the chicken. :(

Way to go on the weight loss, that's got to feel great!

those muffins sounds awesome-I've been needing some breakfast ideas.

:)

Rachel said...

Way to loss those pounds!!! You can get the rest off... Look at what you have done already!!

marine's words said...

Hi,my name is marina I found your blog Living la vida loca, I just want to ask you how you lost all your weight I am having the same problem every since I had my son @age 40 Ge's thats sounds old,, and you are so young I have been having a hard time losing weight I have tried everything ,if you have any advise please share it with me thank you, marina

Camille said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm not doing so good in that category. I'll be in Utah soon, so I'll wave to "you" from the airplane, wherever you are!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy!!! That is always a good thing!

Good job on the weight loss! I have lost all my baby weight, plus 10 pounds! Hannah is now 12 weeks old, so I feel like I am doing good. I of course want to have lost more, but I had to start somewhere!!! Losing weight is so hard!

Give the kids a hug and kiss from me!

Suzanne said...

I'm constantly amazed and humbled at the efforts men go to, to provide for their families. Your hubby is fantastic!

Congrats on your weight loss!!! What an accomplishment.

Sorry about your pet chicken!

It sounds like life is really busy and good right now! :)