July 26, 2007

A Chicken at a Parade


On Tuesday we went to the parade in the morning for the 24th of July celebrations. The kids were lined up on the side of the street so they could pick up candy. They always end up with tons of candy and little flyers. This year however, we ended up with a few other items. M got a cute t-shirt and a back pack which was totally fine. T got a chicken. Yes, that's right a CHICKEN! Some guy threw a chicken out of his car, and of course my son has to be the one to run out there and pick it up. So, now we have a chicken living in our garage. What I'm supposed to do with it, I'm not sure. For now T is loving it. He first named it Nacho, but then changed it to Cruiser because he cruises around the yard. The neighbor gave him a cage, and he makes sure that Cruiser has plenty of water and food. Last night he asked for a blanket to cover her with and then plugged in a night light so that she wouldn't get scared. I know it would break his heart if we got rid of her, so we'll see what happens.

11 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

a chicken. from a parade. interesting. good luck with that one. :)

Cheri said...

Wow- better you than me- I wouldn't be too excited having a chicken around! I bet your son does love it though.

Anonymous said...

Hey that is too funny. T is so cute. I can totally see him taking care of a chicken. He will have to read all about chicken care. Maybe you will start getting eggs. I miss you all and can hardly wait to see you.
Love, Grandma

nikko said...

A chicken from a parade? That is so bizarre. I'm sure T loves it.

Tori :) said...

I've never heard of throwing chickens out of car windows. Hmmm...
You're a cool mom for letting him keep it.

Lana said...

S says "that's a nice looking chicken".

Tell T that I remember fondly the chicken of my youth.

Suzanne said...

A chicken??? How funny! Although probably not as funny as figuring out what to do with it... :D

Gabriela said...

wow. I've never heard of such a give away. Sounds like a situation that would come our way.

Good luck!!!

Lisa M. said...

We, were lucky enough- to get a pig once.

Goodness.

On the flip side, I absolutely LOVE my chickens.

Gina said...

What a pet! I hope it works out that you can keep it. My hubby wants chickens and goats, but we don't have animal rights. That would be awesome to have fresh eggs and goats to eat the lawn.

Chellie said...

haha.. I wish the parades would just stick with candy... hahaha
It's a cute chicken, I hope it works out!