July 23, 2007

Idaho, Day 2


Monday morning we had to run a few errands before our vacation fun started. I had to go buy all new garments because Sat. night I realized that I didn't pack ANY. I was so mad at myself. How could I forget that? So, we went and I got all new ones. Then we went to Wal-Mart to buy food for the week.

After all that fun, we went to BYU Idaho and walked around campus. We ate lunch at the Nordic Landing. The kids thought it was very cool to get to eat like a college kid. Then, we walked around and saw all the new buildings that have been built since we went there. They have a beautiful garden area, that we enjoyed walking around. It was so pretty there, and we took lots of pictures.
Then, we headed back to the summer house to get ready to go swimming. We went to a place called Green Canyon. It is a natural hot spring. The people who own the land built a swimming pool, and they have the water pumped in. The pool is at a constant 98 degrees and is open year round. DH and I used to go there all the time. They have a hot tub that is even hotter. I can only stay in there for a couple of minutes before I start roasting. The kids had fun swimming and doing flips off the diving board. After we were done swimming we roasted hot dogs and had a picnic dinner. It was a great day, and the kids were beat.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

How fun that you got to go back to BYU Idaho! Although...it will always be Ricks to me! :) I went back a few years ago and it was fun, but also kind of sad to see how much had changed. It sounds like you guys had a great time! :)

Tori :) said...

I've forgotten to pack garments before. But they're harder to come by in Texas. I had to drive 1/2 an hour to get to Beehive clothing. LOL!