July 30, 2007

A Wedding


For the last two years we have had our friend Aaron living with us off and on. He was working with DH and didn't have a place to live. My sweet hubby offered for him to come live with us. At first I thought it was very weird that some single guy would want to come live with a family and not with guys his age. Plus I barely even knew him. But, it turned out working very well. The kids love him and he is a really good friend. He was fun to have around and he became like part of the family. We will miss having him around all the time.

He has been dating Lauren for a little over 2 years and they were just married about a week ago. Their wedding and reception was very pretty. It was all outside and the grounds were beautiful. They both looked happy and I hope that they will be for a long time. The kids had a blast dancing and running around and of course eating cake.


It was very strange going to a wedding that wasn't a temple wedding. It almost didn't feel real. The kids had a hard time understanding why they weren't going to the temple. So, we did the best we could to explain to them how people are able to go to the temple and the importance of being worthy. I know that they have plans to be sealed as soon as they can and I pray that they will be able to achieve that goal. Our temple marriage is a daily comfort to me. Knowing that I will be with my hubby for eternity is an extremely comforting feeling. I couldn't ask for a greater blessing than eternal families and I hope they will be able to receive those same blessings and promises

10 comments:

lera said...

Here, here.

I can't imagine life without my eternal family.

Suzanne said...

Oh, I love to see wedding pictures! How exciting for your friend. It's so fun to look at your kids and now know what their names are! :) You look so gorgeous in every picture. You just radiate this glow!

I would love to get together soon too! (Although maybe not this crazy week! LOL!)

Lana said...

my gosh!! you are looking so skinny and look how long your hair is. cutie patootie!

Tori :) said...

Great great pics! You are so pretty!0
Sei and i got married in a little chapel in Vegas 1st, with the plan to be sealed asap. Being sealed was awesome!

Melanie said...

I was just looking at some pictures from your wedding the other day. So fun! It sounds like maybe you will be donw here next weekend!? Yeah!!!

Gabriela said...

I love wedding pictures too! Your family is beautiful. Congrats to the bride and groom.

Amanda said...

I second Suzanne's comments...you look fabulous! The bride looks good too. :) Your family is so cute!

Great teaching experience for your children, the difference between temple and non-temple.

Gina said...

You are great parents to educate your children in the gospel. It's so great they live in a place that is mainly LDS populated, so they will always have those reminders of what is right. Yes, this is still a worldly place we live, but there are many more opportunites to find sacred places in this state. I love it here.

Klin said...

There is something very comforting about the sealing in the temple. It give me peace knowing that Allen is stuck with the likes of me for eternity. He is my dearest friend.

nikko said...

That last picture of you and your hubby is too cute!