July 28, 2007

More 24th Activities

In the good ole' city that I live in, the 24th of July is a big deal. We celebrate for like a week. Last Saturday was the children's parade. Our ward picked a Hawaiian theme. Lucky for me, my little sis used to live in Hawaii and my kids had darling outfits to wear. After the parade they had fun activites at the park. The kids got tatoos, played in a bounce house, made crafts, went fishing, and of course had greasy carnival food.

Sunday evening there was a concert at the park. The neighbors walked down with us, and we enjoyed some nice music and ate yummy popsicles!

Then, on Tuesday after the parade, and after I figured out what to do with our lovely little chicken, we walked down to the carnival. We had lunch with some friends and then went to ride some rides. Those rides are so spendy and not that great. But, the kids had fun and I guess that is what matters!

In the evening we were invited to have a BBQ with some friends. The kids swam while we cooked, then we all ate, then the kids swam again.


After all the eating we did our own fireworks. The kids loved being that close to the fireworks and doing their own.
Then, we walked down to the cemetary to watch the "real" fireworks. They are actually done at the rodeo but we found a perfect spot at the cemetary to sit on the grass and watch. By then the kids were exhausted. I think T is the only one who stayed awake for the whole show. It was a very busy, fun-filled day and everyone had a wonderful time!

7 comments:

Gina said...

You all have such a fun time together! You've made a great family!

It was so fun to finally meet you today! Email me and we'll hook up soon... Liam would adore your kiddos and I would love to meet them too! (Did you say soccer starts in a week or 3 weeks? I know you'll be swamped with games, so hopefully we can find a time to meet up... and if that is at a game, I think that would be just great.)

Tori :) said...

LOVE all the pics. That last one of you is beautiful!

I had fun meeting you! I really feel like we clicked. We'll do that bbq soon.

Lisa M. said...

I enjoyed meeting you yesterday. My word, you're just strikingly beautiful, and fun, to boot.

If you get tired of your chicken, let me know.

I just looked at the picture this closely and it was probably a spring chicken this year.

The love bugs to eat, grasshoppers, things like that, fed to them live (if you have them in a cage)- you shouldn't have to buy food for it, until winter time, and that is fairly in expensive.

They are by far and away my most favorite pets ever.

Thanks again, for your warmth and smile. I enjoyed getting to know you.

Klin said...

Did someone say BBQ? I love to BBQ. My kids love to play. Your kids love to play. Yeah, lets do something about all that.

Was sooo great to meet you and hang out. When all those kiddos get to school this next year, we will nave to do lunch. Let me know a day that is good for you.

Tori :) said...

WAHOO!! Look who has a HAWT profile photo!!

Suzanne said...

Yay! You got your profile pic up. It looks fantastic and I agree with Tori that the last picture in this post looks so beautiful! It was so fun getting to meet you! I especially enjoyed the extra time getting to visit in the carpool. Let's definitely get together again! :D

nikko said...

What a fun week!